The Life and Times of a Simon MBA Student

Sunday, April 24, 2005

Fixed Income

Before coming to school I had very little idea about fixed income products. They seemed like a mystery to me, since I will be dealing with them over the summer I have started learning more and more about them. I can not believe how smart you have to be, to be a real player on WALL STREET. I am starting to wonder if I will be able to survive in this doggy dog world.
From the beginning of the year my main focus was getting an internship in Buy-side Equity research. No I did not think that the job was “sexy”, but rather the competitive environment and risk / reward of such a job clicked with my ambitions. I have landed an IM / Fixed Income internship, and reflecting back I am happy I am doing this, but I wonder if this is really for me? I love the people that will be in my group, but learning about some of the products gives me headaches. Well hopefully everything will turn out for the best …

13 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home